The City of Morgantown is a vibrant, thriving community rooted in our heritage, and flourishing in opportunities for citizens of all ages who take pride in themselves and in their community. Our mission for Morgantown includes the following:
- Creating a community where our citizens can find meaningful employment;
- Promoting a healthy, safe, clean, drug-free environment where our quality of life is protected;
- Encouraging all citizens and officials to improve Morgantown’s physical appearance and have well maintained businesses, homes, and property;
- Passionately preserving our culture and heritage while showcasing our resources, talents, and location;
- Providing outstanding educational opportunities that enrich lives and prepare all citizens for a successful transition to their life’s work;
- Encouraging our current and future businesses to provide our citizens with “shop at home”needs while promoting a family-oriented atmosphere; and
- Working in partnership with our county, industries, businesses, churches, schools, and organizations.
Morgantown Comprehensive Plan
The comprehensive plan is a policy guide for decisions concerning the physical development in Morgantown. It is a vision of what the community wants to look like in the future and provides the framework for orderly growth and development to achieve that vision.
The comprehensive plan looks at Morgantown over a twenty year period. Although it cannot be projected with any certainty what will occur during this period, the time frame provides a long range view that the community needs to consider in its on-going decisions. The plan is prepared based upon existing data and information, which are conditions that may not be replicated in the future, be it good or bad. But since the plan must be updated every five years the community has the opportunity to review and reconsider the direction of the plan.