Click the links for a copy of Current Ordinances
- High Grass
- Garbage/Debris on Property
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Housing Blight
The City of Morgantown mandates a height of 10 inches or below to be maintained on all properties within City Limits.
Garbage/Debris on Property
Properties within City Limits should be clear of all debris and/or garbage refuse. Properties kept unclean are not permitted.
Vehicles that are abandoned or non-licensed are permitted in public view for a period of 14 days. Any longer period is not allowed. These vehicles should be kept out of public view by a storage building, fencing, or shrubbery.
Housing/Buildings shall be maintained in good working order for the purpose in which they were constructed. For a structure to be considered Blight, one of the following conditions must apply:
- It is in serious condition that is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of the community
- It is attracting illegal activity as documented by the Police Department
- It is not being “maintained”
- Open to the elements, collapsing or missing walls, roofs, windows, or doors
- Severe animal infestation
- Would be considered “severely neglected”
- Abandoned, discarded, or unused objects, automobiles, boats, and recreation vehicles, parts cans, boxes, scrap metal, tires, batteries, garbage, and filth.
- (Shall not include construction materials for a period of 6 months)
The Morgantown Clean Up Project is a product of the City of Morgantown